Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Conversation hearts

Riley's preschool class has a Valentine's Day party coming up and instead of offering the kids a cheap paper card that has a lion on it and says something like "I'm not lion...I like you", that they're just going to throw out, I thought I'd make the kids something that would last a little longer...from Riley, of course. For the girls I made Valentine hair clips.

The clips were very easy to make. After cutting out some hearts from felt, I made a small cut in one of the hearts. Then I put the end of the barrette through my cut and sandwiched my barrette between two hearts. I tied a knot at the end of my crochet thread and embroidered around it. At the end, I made another knot and I was done.

My friends daughter wore her's and even had people commenting on them. Make some yourself, and see how many conversations they start for you!


Now I just need to come up with an idea for the boys.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute. As always. And very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is a whole lot nicer than the throw away cards. Super cute "model" too!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious..
    what idea did you have for the boys?

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,
    I'm still trying to come up with something for the boys. Any ideas?

    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These are adorable! What a fabulous idea! I just discovered your blog, and am looking forward to many more great posts :)

    Tracey

    myhouseofgiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute!!!!! i wish i had my own little girl to put those in her hair! you girls are so amazing and come up with such sweet things! : )

    ReplyDelete