Monday, October 26, 2009

Thanks A Million!

Some may know I recently had cataract surgery. My eye sight was getting so bad, I felt like my life was being compromised. The cataracts magnified the brightness of the sun, I couldn’t go outside, and when I did, it affected my vision greatly. If I was talking to someone face to face, I couldn’t make out the details on their face. They were a big blur. As much as I wanted to, I wasn’t sewing very much before the surgery. It was hard for me to see the stitches. When I did sew, I couldn’t see to change the thread, so my husband would change it for me.

Since the surgery, I feel like I’ve been given my life back. I can’t get enough of sewing these days. Probably because I have 2 kids to take care of as well as all the other motherly/wife responsibilities. My favorite thing to sew is girl clothes. I’ve just recently started sewing purses though, and have a new found love in making them. I think purses are like shoes. You can never have too many!


My parents and in-laws were so helpful during and after the surgery. Because of my parents, the surgery actually happened. If we would have waited for my insurance to cooperate, we would still be waiting. My in-laws were there to take care of my kids while I recovered. I could never repay them for what they have both done. Well, I guess I could my parents, but you’ll have to wait quiet a while to get it. I wanted to do something to show my appreciation to them both. Even though it is just a small token, I hope it shows how much I appreciate all that they did.

My mother-in-law showed me a purse that she really liked a while ago. It’s called the frilly dilly bag. If interested, you can get it HERE. She actually bought me the pattern some time ago. I was thinking of making it for her for Christmas, but then I had the idea to make it while I was recovering and didn’t have any kids. The purse itself was easy to make, but the rushing took a great deal of time. I gave it to her when we picked up the kids and I’m glad that she liked it.







I wasn’t sure what purse to make for my mom, but I saw this one recently and fell in love with it. I think it’s the shape that I like so much. My mom loves polka dots, so I went on the search for the perfect polka dot fabric. I wanted black and white, and for some reason, it was a lot harder to find than I would have thought. After looking for some time with no luck, I saw that my sister-in-law made a skirt for her daughter out of the perfect black and white polka dot fabric. After asking where she got it, and looking there to no avail, she sent me some. Thank you Brittny! I really enjoyed making this purse. It’s not a large bag, but it’s the right size for when you need to carry your wallet, cell, and a few other essentials. It was easy to put together and I think it turned out great. I really hope you like it mom! You can get this purse here.





As for the dads, I don’t really know what to make for you. If you a see a purse you like, let me know. Maybe cookies will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment