Monday, October 19, 2009

Life with my boys

You know how you start to get suspicious that your kids are up to something when it's just a little too quiet in the house? I wish I had that excuse. I'm always so happy when I hear them playing together, especially when I'm not in the room to enforce sharing. This time, I heard little whispers and giggles, apparently, about the mess they we're creating. Walking into the loft, I noticed that one of my ribbon drawers was open. Nothing to be concerned about, because the boys like to take my ribbon out and wind it up the lamp pole or something. A little closer, and I notice it's empty.


Where'd it go? I ask Riley. He says he doesn't know. I told him he needs to help me find it and he gives me a cheery "okay" and bounces down the stairs. That's when I got suspicious. Starting to follow him, I stop halfway realizing he's going into the living room,. I go back to the loft and peer down into the living room from the loft.


It could have been worse. I actually think it's a little funny, but I don't let him know it. As I cross the loft, to head downstairs, I notice my pin magnet is empty.


My thoughts race as I envision all my little pins scattered among the living room, hiding in the crevices of the couch. I run downstairs, and step on something. I'll clean up whatever that was later. I have more important things to do right now. Then as I get into the living room I turn back around, and notice a dining room floor full of shiny pins. The dining room floor, that I just crossed. is full of pins...87 to be exact and what was it I stepped on? A pin that was sticking straight up from the floor. I'm just grateful it was sharp side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment