Monday, October 12, 2009

The Kern County Fair

This past Thursday was schools days at our local fair. I thought Sadie would have a fun time looking at the animals, so we packed up and went. I thought it would only be appropriate for her to wear her cow jumper I made her. I love jumpers! They are one of the first clothing I learned how to sew really well. This is only my second jumper I’ve made for Sadie, and I'm not sure why because I love them. I will definately be making her more soon.

I’ve had the cow fabric for a while waiting to be inspired. While I was looking through my stash of fabric recently, I came upon it again. Looking to see if I had anything that would match, I found the cow spot fabric that I had just enough to do a ruffle with and the pink gingham which I thought would be adorable together. I love the small details that go into the jumper. Ric rac is becoming a favorite of mine. I added it to the straps and below the bodice. I also made my own buttons out of the gingham, which if you have never done before, is so easy! To finish off Sadie’s “on the farm/superstar” look, she wore capri length leggins, sunglasses, and her hair in pigtails. She got so many compliments! If you want to try a very easy jumper pattern, the one that I learned from, you can get it HERE.

I’m very sad though. I didn’t get very many pictures because I had the wrong memory card in my camera. Here are a few that I did get.

Riding comfortably in her red wagon.


Waiting for the pig races to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment