Friday, April 9, 2010

A Refashion

I am so excited for Summer to come. I thought it was going to feel like winter forever! I was getting really tired of wearing my sweaters and long pants. I love it when it's warm. I may take that back when it gets to be 110 degrees, but I love the 75 degree weather we are having today.

I'm real excited to start making Sadie some summer dresses and skirts. I saw a pattern on-line for what I thought would make a cute dress for her, so I bought it. Then I found some really cute fresh summer fabric and went to it. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but was not impressed with the pattern or instructions at all. I feel like if I made it again, I could alter the pattern and make a cute dress for her, but the one I originally made was too short and too straight.



I didn't want to throw the dress out and waste the fabric I got, so I decided to refashion it into a pillow for my entry way bench. If I would make the pillow again, I would use larger ric rac and put piping around the edge of it, but overall I'm pretty happy with it and glad the fabric didn't go to waste.



3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, and cute. I could imagine the dress if you made it (although the one you made isn't too bad. I still think it's cute. But I see what you mean about being too straight.) The pillow came out adorable. You're just so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to reuse something. I never had thought of a pillow but realized today we are painfully short on couch pillows, as in we only have 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you didn't waste any cute fabric and that you turned the little dress into a cute pillow! although i thought the dress was very cute too! : )

    ReplyDelete